Responsible Investment in Private Equity
5 February 2015
15:00 - 15:05
Welcome and introduction
15:05 - 15:20
Why should our industry be concerned about responsible investment?
- PE & Society
- Invest Europe Professional Standards
Bill Watson, Managing Partner V4C; Chairman of Invest Europe Professional Standards Committee
15:20 - 15:40
Key trends in responsible investment for private equity
- Global RI and ESG initiatives
- Regulatory and self-regulatory approaches
Therése Lennehag, Head of Responsible Investment, EQT Partners; Member of the Board of EPER (Large Private Equity Platform of Invest Europe), former Member of Invest Europe Professional Standards Committee and Chair of the RI Roundtable
15:40 - 16:05
Responsible investment considerations from the LP perspective
- RI or IRR? Is it a trade-off?
- ESG considerations throughout the investment lifecycle.
- What LPs are expecting? Can a GP „tick all the boxes”?
- Managing ESG information and reporting needs during the life of a fund
- Dos and don’ts for ESG in the GP - LP relationship
Helen Steers, Partner, Pantheon; Member of the Board of Invest Europe
16:05 - 16:45
Responsible investment in practice
- How to develop and integrate a responsible investment framework.
- How to manage relationships with portfolio companies from the ESG perspective.
- Law abiding versus IR compliant? Can there be a difference? What matters?
- Cases of ESG-related problems
Andrzej Bartos, Managing Partner, Innova Capital Ralph Guenther, Principal, Pantheon, co-Chair of Pantheon RI Committee Anne Hutton, Senior Banker, EBRD Therése Lennehag, Head of Responsible Investment, EQT Partners
16:45 - 17:15
Questions and Answers
For more information, please contact Barbara Nowakowska at email@example.com