4JET Technologies develops and markets high-tech laser systems that replace conventional mechanical and chemical production processes with touch-less and dry laser technology. Within its market segments served, 4JET is the leading supplier of industrial laser systems for processing of delicate surfaces. Focusing on the three verticals displays & glass, tires & automotive, and opto-electronics, 4JET has built a lasting technological leadership position in growing markets world-wide and has formed a well-diversified business.
While profitable since its foundation in 2006, it was two years later via the investment by eCAPITAL that 4JET gained essential financial and strategic support for its international growth and expansion into new markets. Today, the company employs a staff of 80 and reports sales of >€12m. 4Jet is set for future growth with established customer relationships with world-leading tyre manufacturers and leading technology in opto-electronics.
We appreciate the investment by eCAPITAL as “Smart Money” – it is not just a financing instrument but an additional source of valuable advice and important feedback in strategic considerations.
Jörg Jetter Founder & CEO , 4JET Technologies GmbH
What did the business need?
- Funding for product development and international expansion
- Prioritisation of potential markets
- Professional talent to support company’s growth
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Entered new sectors: solar, thin-film and glass
- Established sales offices in North America and Asia
- Defined growth strategy leading to the expansion of product portfolio
- Hired senior management (CFO)
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Established a pioneer for new laser applications in industrial manufacturing
- Built strong intellectual property record with 20 patents
- Strengthened company’s customer base beyond automotive and tyres
- Increased revenues from 2006 to 2013 by over 60% p.a. to >€12m
- Created 54 jobs, more than trebling staff during investment