When Partners Group invested in Bartec in 2008, it was a supplier and developer of explosion prevention technology for the oil & gas and chemicals industries. It had already started expanding into emerging markets, with a presence in Russia and China, but needed support to increase its international sales further.
Partners Group introduced Bartec to international clients, helped establish a new production facility in China and broker a joint venture in Saudi Arabia. The firm also assisted with two international acquisitions, bringing the company into the UK and Norwegian markets. Over the space of four years, with Partners Group’s support, Bartec’s annual sales increased by nearly 50% and the company created 250 jobs. Charterhouse Private Equity bought Bartec in 2012 to support the company in its next stage of development.
Thanks to Partners Group we have been able to fix problems and increase the efficiency and productivity of the company significantly.
Dr. Ralf Köster CEO, Bartec
What did the business need?
- Support to identify acquisition targets
- Help with expanding client base in emerging markets
- Finance for expansion
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Used international network to introduce management to new clients
- Supported two acquisitions to bring the company into Norway and the UK
- Developed new client relationships in Middle East and Latin America
- Opened new factory in China Supported expansion into emerging markets
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Grew sales by 48% over four years
- Increased employee numbers by 19%, creating 250 new jobs globally