From its headquarters in Dublin, Clavis Insight has expanded its operations to London, Boston and Shanghai and is the industry leader for Online Store Analytics, relied upon by the leading consumer goods brands around the world.
Clavis Insight delivers data, analysis and intelligence that enables brands to track and optimise their online channel presence and performance. Scottish Equity Partners (SEP) invested in 2009, backing an entrepreneurial team with prior success in the development of data quality software. SEP's investment supported product development and helped the company grow its revenues, expand its markets and build its team. Clavis was acquired by trade buyer Ascential for €100m in 2017.
The SEP investment came at an important stage in Clavis Insight’s growth, and was a vital stepping stone for the company’s international success.
Garry Moroney CEO, Clavis Insight
What did the business need?
- Funding for product development
- Investment to build the sales team and scale revenues
- Support to create a global business with operations across the United States, Europe and China
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Supported sales strategy to leading consumer goods companies, including Unilever, Nestle and Procter & Gamble
- Established Clavis Insight as industry standard in eCommerce analytics for consumer goods brands
- Provided strategic input on strengthening executive team
- Supported globalisation plan and establishment of bases in Shanghai, Boston and London
- Assisted in securing additional $20 million investment from Tier one US investor in 2015
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Increased company revenues by more than 90%+ p.a.
- Created more than 100 jobs in Clavis Insight offices around the world
- Secured more than half of world’s top 50 fast moving consumer goods companies as customers
- Delivered a functionally rich and technologically robust eCommerce intelligence platform
- Named as one of Europe’s fastest growing technology businesses (Tech Tour Growth 50 2016)
- Created new category in eCommerce channel analytics and established company as global leader