Competence Call Center
Competence Call Center
With Ardian’s support, Competence Call Center more than doubled its employee numbers and nearly tripled its revenues in just four years. Together with founder Thomas Kloibhofer and the strong management team, Ardian expanded the business from its Austrian base into new markets and won new customers. The private equity firm also managed a smooth transition process when Thomas Kloibhofer phased out his involvement after running the business for 15 years.
Under Ardian’s ownership, CCC became one of the leading call centre operators with coverage across Western and Eastern Europe. By the time Ardian sold the business in 2013 to Silverfleet, the company extended its presence significantly in Europe, providing wide range of services in 28 languages from 13 sites across the continent. Further growth followed during CCC's partnership with Silverfleet.
Ardian’s knowledge of our industry and the quality of the due diligence undertaken during the investment process was truly supportive from day one. A relationship of trust and exchange was rapidly established and the collaboration was always constructive.
Christian Legat CEO, Competence Call Center
What did the business need?
- Support in pursuing a buy-and-build strategy
- International network to win clients in new markets
- Smooth succession as the founder wanted to phase out his involvement
- Further professionalisation of the organisation
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Built on CCC’s leading position in the call centre market
- Improved its strategic positioning by acquiring the Air Berlin customer service operation
- Introduced potential clients in new markets
- Supported new blue-chip client wins through CCC’s expertise and Ardian’s financial backing and reputation
- Managed a smooth transition process
- Entered the French market and expanded in Eastern Europe
- Established two new call centre sites in Germany
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- More than doubled employee numbers from 2,000 to over 4,500 employees
- Grew sales by more than 20% a year from €36m in 2009 to nearly €100m in 2013
- Built a Europe-wide call centre business offering a full range of call, web and social media services