IT software and services distributor Exclusive Networks specialises in marketing new technologies in the areas of security, storage and networks for IT manufacturers unfamiliar with the myriad of European markets. When Omnes Capital invested in 2010, the company had already built a strong following in the market, but Omnes saw an opportunity to create a true European leader in IT distribution. Its investment and expertise has helped Exclusive Networks hire new staff, accelerate its European and global expansion through the acquisition of complementary businesses and strengthen its customer base. The group has also developed its product range with the launch of a maintenance activity and new VoIP product.
During these five years together, Omnes Capital has given us full logistical and financial support to allow us to build up a truly pan-European organisation and become one of the leaders in this market.
Olivier Breittmayer Chairman and Chief Executive, Exclusive Group
What did the business need?
- Capital and expertise to expand into new European and global markets
- Stronger vendor base in countries where it was present
- Bigger and stronger management team
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Enlarged the product offering and reinforced relationship with existing suppliers
- Developed and improved after-sales customer services
- Entered new market segments, such as storage and maintenance
- Recruited a head of development, UK head, financial controller and a product manager
- Supported geographic expansion into EMEA and Asia
- Acquired ten companies across Europe, Turkey, the Middle East and Australia
- Opened subsidiaries in Austria and Switzerland
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Established leading subsidiaries in Austria and Switzerland
- Diversified sales across Europe
- Increased employment to 510 in 2014 from 152 in 2010
- Grew revenues to €627m in 2014 from €106m in 2010
- Put company on path to increase sales 15% a year between 2013 and 2016