When the success of this Polish hosting and domain name business meant it was time to separate management and the founders’ ownership roles, Value4Capital was able to provide a solution that enabled home.pl to continue to grow its market leadership.
In addition to hosting and domain services, home.pl also offers an array of add-on services (such as SaaS solutions, virtual private servers or SSL certificates) vital to the successful online presence of its over 300,000 clients, predominantly SMEs. As the outsourced IT model expanded, home.pl's growth outpaced the market, offering new services and acquiring other providers to compete more strongly.
Value4Capital invested in home.pl in 2012, taking a controlling position alongside the company’s three founders. A Supervisory Board was created and governance improved to empower management and continue the growth trajectory. A major acquisition was completed further growing the business.
Our private equity partners created the right environment to realise the company’s potential. They ensured we got the governance right, had the right facilities and didn’t lose the softer stuff that we needed to be a success.
Marcin Kusmierz President, home.pl
What did the business need?
- Growing scale to solidify market leadership
- Expansion of its service offering to match global best-in-class standards
- An empowered management team equipped for the growing scale of the business
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Empowered the management to expand the service and product range
- Deepened the management team, established international class corporate governance structures
- Identified and led an acquisition to further grow scale and solidify market position
- Improved HR management and unified home.pl into one modern location to attract and retain talent
- Upgraded all operating aspects of the business to be competitive on a European level
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Grew registered .pl domains by 40% and .eu domains by 55%
- Increased revenues by 54% and EBITDA by 63% over four years
- Launched cost-effective cloud-based services, enabling SME clients to compete against bigger rivals