Jedox operates in the burgeoning business intelligence market and makes software that can help business owners and corporations streamline and improve efficiency across their companies. Its products are available in 23 different languages and are used by businesses in more than 120 countries around the world. When eCAPITAL invested in Jedox in 2008, it was already generating recognisable revenue but needed to expand internationally. eCAPITAL provided capital to help Jedox develop its products further and has supported its international development through investment in sales and marketing. With eCAPITAL’s assistance, the company has won over 250 new customers in the last three years and has been recognised as a leader in its market through a number of business intelligence awards and recommendations, including Gartner Cool Vendor 2013.
Together with eCAPITAL and the industry-experienced investor Klaus Wecken we have two strong partners that support our company in the expansion of the international presence and the customer support.
Kristian Raue CEO, Jedox
What did the business need?
- More market-oriented approach
- Support for international expansion
- Investment in marketing and sales development
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Invested in product development
- Increased international recognition of Jedox brand through marketing
- Opened sales office in France
- Extended software packages
- Increased the number of languages to 23
- Helped devise product and marketing strategy
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Reached 1,200 customers and 10,000 users globally to date
- Increased average annual sales growth by 35% since investment bringing current revenues to €10m
- Secured licence agreement offer from a global e-commerce company
- Created 82 jobs to date, a 60% increase since initial venture capital investment