When Partners Group invested in Softonic in 2013, the Spanish software distributor needed help with professionalising its sales and finance divisions. Private equity support enabled the company to hire a new finance director and strengthen its sales force, at the same time as putting in place the right structure and incentives to boost customer numbers and improve revenues.
Furthermore, Partners Group’s international reach and expertise has proved invaluable in opening doors to international markets and new growth opportunities. Softonic has recently opened offices in the US and Mexico, which will serve as a hub for ongoing expansion in Latin America. Partners Group’s continued investment will help Softonic meet its international ambitions and further improve its organisational set-up as it grows.
Softonic was looking for a partner to help bring our business to the next level on a global basis. Based on our collaboration with Partners Group so far, we believe we are well on track to reach our strategic aspirations.
Tomas Diago Founder and President, Softonic
What did the business need?
- Stronger management team and finance function
- More sales staff to drive growth
- Entry into new markets
How did private equity backing create lasting value?
- Hired new finance director and sales team leadership
- Refocused sales strategy on most important customers
- Improved pricing structure and stock management
- Pursued strategic relationships with carriers and original equipment makerss through global network
What outcomes did private equity investment achieve?
- Increased traffic volumes by 11%
- Grew headcount by 18% to almost 400 full-time employees
- Increased registered users by 28% to 6.4 million